The significance of foreign objects as hazards in food products is well recognized by both food companies and enforcement bodies. A foreign object incident can considerably undermine a company’s image and reputation. DMG MICROLABS as part of their extended service is offering investigation of foreign objects in food products by highly qualified staff.
Basic test includes:
- Baked and or cooked in analysis of foreign objects in food products by stereo and compound microscopic examinations.
- Identification of the foreign objects / matters by general analytical and microscopic methods.
- Report which includes findings of the investigation of the foreign objects, possible sources of contamination and expert advice if required.
Additional analytical tests if required during investigation includes:
- Chemical tests
- Enzyme test (alkaline phosphatase test; amylase activity etc.)
- Electron microscopic scanning; Infra-red spectroscopy; X-ray microanalysis
- Histology (Animal/ Plant tissue)
- Species identification of biological foreign objects like insects; hair; feathers etc. by microscopic and DNA-based methods
- Control design experiment (baking test; insertion test)
Please contact the friendly team of DMG Microlabs for your foreign objects identification or other microbiological tests, including:
- Food and water
- Food Spoilage and pathogen testing
- Challenge studies/accelerated shelf life studies
- Indoor air quality testing, cleaning and sanitation monitoring
- Soil microbes and Helminths
- Chemical testing
- Consulting and training services to the food industry
We are a NATA accredited laboratory open 7 days a week.